SOME FACTS ABOUT PLANT & TAYLOR....
- They write songs featuring rich vocal harmonies. Fans of Simon and Garfunkel, Crosby, Stills & Nash, or indeed the Everly Brothers will dig it.
- They’re becoming something of a fixture on the folk and roots festival scene. This year sees appearances at Broadstairs Folk Week, Fleetwood Folk ‘n Blues, Hebden Bridge Folk ‘n Roots, Lake District Folk Week and Langdale Folk Festival.
- Both gentlemen enjoy a nice red wine. Preferably taken in a relaxed environment with a Joni Mitchell record.
- They have played ‘on and off’ together in various musical projects since 1994 – taking in indie pop, psychedelia and skiffle-punk before settling on their current model: harmony driven acoustic songs that fans of Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and Nick Drake will find something to celebrate in.
- As well as their voices, they use a guitar and a mandolin to craft their sound…a sound they like to call ‘the weave’.
- They are releasing their debut album on the 1st August 2017 – featuring guest strings from the most esteemed Mr. Richard Curran (Bert Jansch / Albert Lee / Phantom Voices).
- They are based in the town of Fleetwood on Lancashire’s Fylde Coast – holiday destination of the young John Lennon, birthplace of opera singer Alfie Boe, final hideout of Loch Ness Monster photo-hoaxer Frank Searle, and home of Fisherman’s Friend throat lozenges.
Contact us on the website or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or facebook/plantandtaylor. Or join our mailing list for regular updates!